[vc_row el_position=”first last”] [vc_column width=”1/4″] [/vc_column] [vc_column width=”3/4″] [vc_column_text el_position=”first last”]
The coordinating committee that came from the open popular assembly held by the workers’ union of EYATH at municipal hall in Thessaloniki on Thursday 28/3 met yesterday and named itself as : “water SOS!”
The aim of the coordinating committee is the non-privatization of EYATH.
There has been extensive debate among the participants including proposals & actions against the privatization of water in Thessaloniki.
Submitted proposals concerned :
• Informing all municipal councils, issuing resolutions and promoting thecall for a referendum.
• Informing all citizens’ initiatives, popular assemblies, and all collectives of our city, on what the privatization of water means.
• Using stands in public places in order to inform and collect signatures.
• Building a network with all city institutions such as universities, the technical chamber , EKTH, EDOTH.
• Organizing a concert at Aristoteles’ square
• Organizing actions in numerous city spots in order to raise awareness on the issue
The proposal for a massive non-payment of bills if EYATH is privatized drew attention
A secretariat was appointed which is about to determine the next committee meeting in the following week.
[/vc_column_text] [/vc_column] [/vc_row]